The NUsurface® Implant is a non-anchored interpositional knee implant designed for patients with persistent knee pain following medial meniscus surgery. Treatment with the NUsurface® Implant has the potential to fill the gap between minimally invasive meniscus repair and total knee replacement. The implant is made from polycarbonate-urethane (PCU) – a medical grade plastic. As a result of its unique materials and composite structure and design, it does not require fixation to bone or soft tissues. The NUsurface® Implant mimics the function of the natural meniscus and redistributes loads transmitted across the knee joint.
The NUsurface® Implant is designed to:
- Restore deficient bio-mechanics
- Re-establish load distribution across knee joint
- Help protect articulating cartilage from further deterioration
- Be semi-constrained and self-centering
- Be performed in a minimally invasive procedure
- Be stable without requiring fixation, drilling, sutures or significant bone resection
- Be easily removed to allow for future treatment options
Post-market clinical trials in Europe are now complete. Find a provider near you! If you are interested in being notified when the NUsurface® Implant becomes commercially available in your area or have any questions about our knee implant, please click the link below.